The online security measures at Pioneer Bank & Trust are only effective if customers fulfill their responsibilities as outlined in the terms and conditions of our online and mobile banking agreements. Here are some tips to help ensure customer information is kept secure:
- Double check input information to ensure there are no errors.
- Make sure Access Credentials are unique. Do not share Access Credentials with anyone.
- Complete banking sessions by logging/signing off before leaving a computer unattended.
- Review account activity and statements and report errors as set forth in account agreements.
- Report known incidents of Access Credential theft and/or unauthorized online account access within two business days of discovery.
- Protect the system’s security on devices used to access accounts.
- Scan devices to ensure that they have not been infected with malicious code (including but not limited to: viruses, trojans, spyware, malware, etc.) through no fault of the bank.
- Use compatible web browsers and/or operating systems during online sessions.
- Change passwords frequently using a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters (#, @, !, %, $)
- Shop with merchants that are known and trusted.
- Be cautious of public Hot Spots.
- Failure to adhere to these responsibilities may result in unrecoverable losses.