MyCardRules Benefits and FAQs
Take Control of Your Debit Card
A better way to manage your debit card because you’re in control. You set the rules and you create the restrictions and alerts that meet your specific spending preferences.
- Manage your Pioneer Bank & Trust debit card from your mobile device
- Turn your card on or off
- Set spending limits based on a certain dollar amount, transaction type or merchant type
- Choose a specific region where the card can be used or not used
- Get instant alerts when your card is used
- Control card access without contacting the bank
- Reduce the threat of card fraud and stolen use of your card
- Safe and secure
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is MyCardRules?
A: MyCardRules is an easy-to-use mobile app that lets you set card controls, add restrictions and receive transaction alerts.
Q: How does MyCardRules let me manage my cards?
A: Just download the MyCardRules app from Google Play™ or the App Store®. Then you can set a wide range of controls and alerts on all your cards. For example, you can:
- Turn your card on or off
- Set transaction spending limits based on your preferences, including dollar amount, transaction type and merchant type
- Get instant alerts on certain types of transactions, like when a transaction is declined
- Set a specific region where the card can be used or restrict usage based on your mobile device’s location
- Set parental controls and monitoring
Q: Why is it a better way to manage my cards?
A: Because you can manage your card transactions all in one place, right from your mobile device. You have complete control of how, when, where — and WHO uses your cards. Plus, knowing that you’ve set rules, restrictions and alerts that meet your specific spending preferences adds another layer of fraud detection and prevention, and gives you added peace of mind.
Q: Is it secure?
A: Yes, managing your cards with MyCardRules is safe and secure. Your account is password protected and highly encrypted.
Q: How do I get started?
A: After you download the MyCardRules app, select “New User” and then enter your card information to begin the registration. You’ll need to provide:
- Card Number
- Expiration Date
- Security Code (usually on the back of your card)
Next, you’ll need to create a username and password. Once your account is created, you can log in and access the “Card Details” screen. From this screen you can:
- Turn card controls on/off
- Set controls
- Manage alert preferences
- View recent transactions and more
Q: On what devices can I use MyCardRules?
A: MyCardRules can be used on any iOS and Android mobile device.
Q: What should I do if I forgot my password?
A: On the login screen, select “Forgot Password?” and follow the prompts.
Q: What should I do if I am locked out of my account or need assistance?
A: Contact your local branch during regular business hours.
Q: Can I access MyCardRules from the Pioneer Bank & Trust mobile app?
A: At this time, debit card controls are accessed through the MyCardRules app separately from the bank’s mobile banking app.
Q: Why can’t I see all of my account history under the “Transactions” page within the app?
A: Only debit card transactions will appear in the history screen.
Q: Does the MyCardRules overrule any blocks or spending limits the bank has in place?
A: MyCardRules will not overrule bank restrictions. Example: If the bank does not allow international transactions, MyCardRules can not override the bank restriction.