different than Pioneer Bank & Trust.
Signs of a Scam
- Professes love quickly.
- Claims to be overseas for business or military service.
- Asks for money, and lures you off the dating site.
- Claims to need money — for emergencies, hospital bills, or travel.
- Plans to visit, but can’t because of an emergency.
Costliest Scam Reported to the FTC in 2020
- $304 million lost in 2020, compared to $75 million in 2016
- Reported money losses increased 4 times since 2016
What to do
- Slow down — and talk to someone you trust. Don’t let a scammer rush you.
- Never wire money from your bank account, buy gift cards, or wire money to an online love interest. You won’t get it back.
- Contact your bank right away if you think you’ve sent money to a scammer.
- Report your experience
Learn MoreDownload PDF